Friday, April 15

Spring~

The first days of spring are such a gift from God. There's a great quote about spring in Charlotte's Web. Wait, let me go find the book . . .Well. Now that I look at it, there's not a great quote about spring. It starts in the spring, that's all. And, of course, as we all know, it ends in the fall. One of my favorite books, really.
I always find myself so shocked when spring begins. When I finally realize things are turning green again. It's as if I lose faith during winter that things will ever be beautiful again. It's such a lovely surprise, every year, to have it suddenly DAWN on me, "Oh, my! Spring is coming!" It's so nice to be naive in that way, not to take it for granted. How special for me that I get this big, surprising gift, every year.
My cat eats cottage cheese. Loves it. I discovered this, this morning, when I had cottage cheese for breakfast and set the bowl down to make a move in my online Scrabble game. She hopped up on the desk (no mean feat for a 19 year old cat) and licked the bowl clean. I keep trying to prepare myself for the inevitable -- I mean, how much longer than 19 years can a cat live?? I just hope she does not die while Sergeant Son is overseas. She was his cat, and I'd prefer he were nearby then it happens.
Well, I'm off to the church to work on the sets for the kids' musical, installing papier-mache mushrooms, etc. Just the normal work in the life of a 49-year old woman.
If you've read this far, you've deduced that I clearly have NOTHING to say, but am trying to live up to my commitment to write in this blasted thing. Maybe it'll be better another day. 8-\

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

Hi Maggie- I heard that you had a blog. It's nice to read it and learn a little about you. I am looking forward to your visit in May. Take care,
Mary Ellen