Sunday, June 12

Little One is Away

We returned home from NYC with an uneventful, but long, Amtrak ride. Little One glows when asked about the trip. On our last evening, we went to Columbus Circle and rode the horse-drawn carriage. When asked about her favorite part of NYC, she always says, "The subway."

We had one week to recuperate and pack for this week, her Week with Mother. You see, I am the Nana and Dear Husband is the Papaw. For reasons too long and emotional to share here, we are raising our Little One.

Today I put her on a plane to the Midwest to visit her Mom for one week. Cried a little, but not as much as I had feared. Returned to an *empty* home to find an E-greeting in our e-mail.

"Dear Nana and Papaw, Have fun and don't be too sad while I am gone. Love, Me."

who can ask for more?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is darling. I trust she's home now. :)