Thursday, May 26

Going to NYC

Okay, so we are going to NY. 8 days. Taking ONE bag. Just Little One and I. Kids' activities. Visiting the family of Elder Son, Wife and Baby. Train. 12 hours on the train.

So many things could go wrong. I could let go of her hand for one split second and poof! shes gone. We could get lost. Miss the connection with Elder Son and have NO place to stay.

When I looked for hotels on Orbitz, Travelocity, etc, everything kept coming up, "no availability." Finally, I called one of the 800 numbers and the guy, the guy actually, literally said, these are his exact words: "Ma'am, New York is full."
"Full? FULL? There's no WAY New York is full."
"Yes, ma'am, it's full. There's a furniture show, there are conventions, and it's Memorial Day Weekend. NYC is ... full. I'm showing 2 rooms available at the Crowne Plaza for $704 a night. Would you like me to make a reservation for you?"
"Well,.....................no. Thank you."

So. If I can't get in touch with Elder Son, I'm . .. sunk. Because. . . New York is . ..full.

I so, so, so hope to have a blast with Little One. We missed our Washington, DC trip at Spring Break when I had pneumonia. My unfortunate incarceration, I've called it. She was very disappointed.

I hope to create memories, memories she'll never forget. Good ones! I have tried to prepare her for this trip, tried to tell her a little about what the city is like. She has no clue. Not til we get there.

So, we're off to NYC. If I can figure out how to dial up my laptop while there, I'll blog from there.

No comments: