Wednesday, February 22

Catching Up

I have not blogged in such a long while. I am really a little overwhelmed with all that is going on, and am struggling to accomplish all we have before us.

The neighborhood is so busy with many plans -- Egg Hunt on April 2, charity auction to raise money for the park on April 1, Centennial Celebration on June 10, with the groundbreaking ceremony that same day, grants due end of February and end of March. The one that is due next week is quite a bit more complex that the one I recently completed; the March one is more complex than that.

Two weeks ago, I learned that there really are two crack houses in the neighborhood. As I was starting to contact authorities and organize neighborhood efforts, we learned that our no-so-amicable neighbor, Doc-in-a-Box, is trying to add a same day surgery facility to their campus, and they are competing with our local hospital for the contract to do so. Our neighborhood traditionally fights anything that will increase traffic and this facility is actually on our street, down at the end. We met Monday night for 2.5 hours to get all the information and plan our strategy. The deadlines are tight: Letters to the State are due by 03.March; the State hearing is 21.March.

Good news from my editor yesterday that I have been approved for an article, just about overfilled my cup. I feel paralyzed and the house is messier than it has ever been. I feel like all I do is go to meetings, run home and cook, clean up a little, and drive Traci.

It seems I need to find an actual paying job, and soon, and have worked off and on, on my resume. How will I get everything done?

Good news is that I have been eating a strict veggie diet for 16 days now, and working out every day. Yesterday my old gf and I played racquetball for an hour. Sweated, laughed till we cried, hit air balls. hit the wall, and had such a blast we are going back tomorrow for another round. Who knows? One day, we might get pretty good. We couldn't help notice the little man who drives the floor polisher, standing in the same place for 20 minutes, laughing at us. GF remarked he was going to rub a hole in the floor. I replied that he was going to disappear. They'd find him in China, still holding the floor machine, and still laughing.

For today, I am leaving in a sec for the church to make the slideshow for church. This has been a regular Wed morning thing. I enjoy doing this and the woman who does it with me is great. We have a good creative energy together and enjoy each other's company. I leave at noon to get have my hair done, then off to pick up Traci. Run by market for a few things, then actually home for two hours before taking her to children's choir and dashing to the Y for today's workout. At 8 it's home again to watch American Idol.

In light of all of this, blogging has taken a real back seat. I miss it and hope to pick back up on it soon.

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

I hope to see more blogging. I keep checking...

Mary Ellen