Tuesday, April 4

This is One Amazing Child

Little One had to research her name and develop a corresponding coat of arms for her AG English class. Her paper is copied below; I don't have a copy of the coat of arms. When I get it, I will post it. I thought the paper was dear-- I will save this in her scrapbook. Here it is:


Traci Niquole (Nick-ole) Leak
My name is Traci Niquole (Nick-ole) Leak. My mom named me this because she had a friend named Traci and a friend whose last name was Leak. Niquole (I have no clue where she got the spelling), has nothing and nobody that I’m named after.
Traci means, ‘Brave’ or ‘Valor,’ and it comes from the English language. Niquole as Nicole means, ’victory of the people,’ and comes from the Greek language. Leak means, ‘to escape.’ It came from Middle English and probably came from early Dutch before that.
On my coat of arms, I drew a griffin for bravery. I drew this because my name means bravery and I thought that it would relate very nicely. I chose the crescent (top right), which means victory, because of my middle name. Also on my coat of arms, I drew a dolphin. The dolphin stands for my love of swimming and love of dolphins. Last, I drew bubbles because they are colorful and are very pretty and I love them.
Through all my life of bravery and victory and escapes, I have been known to learn quickly and have fun, doing almost everything I do.

No comments: