Thursday, May 25

No Pics

Usually when DH kisses me goodbye in the mornings at 4:35 or so, I go back to sleep for another hour-and-fifteen-minutes. This morning, I didn't. When our clocks struck 5:00, I was busily caulking the trim on the second window.
Today will be Paint Trim Day, after I get home from the church, where I will prepare the slideshow for Sunday's Contemporary Service. I usually do this on Wednesdays, but this week, worked out a delay til Thursday so I could focus on Finishing the Floor.
After I caulked the trim, I wiped down the now-shiny floor with clean damp paper towels to get up any tiny bits of dirt, then applied the last, final, sayanara-baby, coat of poly. It's either coat #7 or 8, I can't remember, but I don't think it's 9 and I am sure I'm past 6.
The doors are still sealed with plastic drop cloths and duct tape (if you buy disposable plastic sheets anywhere but Dollar Tree, you really need to try these...) although the duct tape's patience is wearing quite thin. Every time I re-stick it to the door frame, as I climb in and out, it sighs and says, "One more time? Ok, this had better be it."
So by 6:20 I was done with caulking and had the final coat of poly on the floor and was washing out the poly applicator AGAIN.
Note: I am not caulking the windows shut but filling the little cracks where ornamental molding has pulled away from the window frames for some reason over the past 70 years. Also cheated a teensy bit and used the caulk to fill the zillion nail holes left by countless curtain rods, some of them actually put there by moi. Also the diagonal seams where window frames meet at the top corners of the windows had cracks in them. Now they don't.
Time to shower, fix breakfast, pack LO's lunch, take her to school, and run to the church. When I get home at 10:30 or 11, will paint trim.
Hmm. Title was "no pics." Honestly I looked for the digicam to take pics of the floor this am. Got the camera but the batter & charger are either under the pile of clothes from her closet (in the office over the easy chair) or in a drawer somewhere. This place is truly CHAOS. Which is WHY I am staying up till 11 and getting up at dark-thirty to try and finish. Might be best to post pics when we are at a later phase..
Some of this typing is weird. The keyboard, being only NINE years old, sticks terribly, so that as I am typing, the words are appearing two or three words behind my actual keying speed. I will notice that this or that letter that did not get pressed hard enough and then I have to back space several words to repair, then type again. Sort of discourages blogging!

No comments: