Saturday, June 3

Blue

At about 4pm today a DGF stopped by with her two boys and said if I would knock out the trim, she'd come over at 8 after tuckins to help with the blue wall paint for Little One's room.

So I bailed it in and got the white trim done. DH helped and we knocked it out. There is some muntin detail to be done but I can do that later. Everything that touches wall was complete when she showed up with a glass of wine and a big smile.

We set in and she worked hard. At 10:30 she called her hubby and said she'd be home in an hour. At 12:15 he called and said he was concerned about her coming alone so late, so she finished up and headed home, leaving instructions as she left that I needed to roll on just one more coat of blue. So I did, and then I touched up the white where blue had touched. Then I touched up the blue where white had touched. And so on. You get the picture.

I believe the blue is sort of beautiful in a blue sort of way, and I am anxious for LO to see it in the morning. I have washed all the brushes and thrown away the disposable stuff, and I did invest in quite a bit of disposable stuff, as I just HATE cleaning paint stuff. Disposable drop cloths and paint tray liners and such.

I even painted the dowels I am using for window treatments. Optimally we can load the room on Sunday or Monday at the latest.

DS1 called this afternoon and they will try to visit tomorrow afternoon. We are having a hoedown at the church tomorrow evening, and they might go with us if everyone feels like it. It ends just as the outdoors Symphony Concert begins across the way from the church. We will take camping chairs and a cooler and listen to the Symphony under the stars. I hope DGD can hold out as if she can, it will be awesome.

No comments: