Thursday, November 9

My Favorite Freebies

Life affords us all some freebies -- those things we just get, we don't deserve, but make our day. I have been noticing some of them in my life lately. Here are a few that come to mind.

1. The sign language "ILY" my granddaughter flashes to me as she gets out of the car at school in the mornings.

2. The warm and lovely fabric softener smell that comes from the new laundromat that is right next to the YMCA. Go for a workout, get a nice smell.

3. The way DH thoughtfully builds a fire whenEVER it might be cold enough. If it's really cold outside, I just hate to go out for more firewood. He's a guy, though, so he never whines like I do. He just does it.

4. The total love and adoration our little white dog gives me (even when I'm bad company.)

5. The precious kiss our orange cat gives the dog when we come in from our walk.

6. The little clues left to us by the lady who had our house built 70+ years ago. We have found many little treasures, newspaper clippings with cleaning tips, hairpins, Royal Crown Cola caps, a poison antidote chart. We feel like victorious archeologists when we find one.

7. The cheerful songs the birds give me when they have their breakfast at the bird feeder. They know I can hear them, they really do.

I think that's it for today. There are a million more, but these are the ones I've noticed in the last day or two.

No comments: