Saturday, February 17

Fire in the Fireplace

It's a cold day outside and I've got a nice fire in the fireplace. Little One spent the night with her twin friends so I slept in a bit, took clothes to dry cleaner and shoes to shoe repair, then went to the museum to catch up on a bit of work. I missed 2 afternoons this week -- one going to meet with consultants in Charlotte, and the other to attend an annual luncheon the City throws for all the folks who serve on various boards and commissions.

My famed Palm came this week, but I was too busy to work with it much: deacons meeting on Monday, dinner with a gf on Tuesday, teaching a computer class on Wednesday. FINALLY on Thursday evening I got to play with it a bit, but it would not sync with our computer.

I did not take it to work on Friday as I was afraid I would play with it, and had too much real work to do that. I did google my error message for just a minute and I saw a tiny reference that seemed to imply that if you have MS Windows XP with Media Center addons (we do), your Palm has a conflict with it. That's ok, I need it sync'ed to my work computer anyway, was just trying to learn at home.

When I went in to work today, I remembered the Palm and the CD, but forgot the USB cable, so will have to try again on Monday. I have, though, used the wireless conn here in the house and it is pretty cool. Checked the weather in bed yesterday afternoon!

DH and I went out to dinner last night due to the empty nest, doesn't happen too much anymore, but we realize it will happen more and more now that she is getting older.

Tuesday night is the ceremony for LO to join the Honor Society. We look forward to that!

No comments: