Saturday, June 23

Cool and Beautiful Morning

Ah, the sun is shining and the birds are singing. The air is cool and dry. What could be better? I just won a game of spades on line and DH is practicing his violin. He likes it better than the guitar! ...but he, ahem, plays the guitar with a little more skill. He'll get there! I am amazed how on earth he can find the notes on the violin. There are no frets, and the angle of the bow, and the pressure, seem to make a difference. Too complex for me!

In case you haven't seen it, I wrote an homage to my dad on Father's Day in our little local paper. You can read it here. I wrote two additional articles for Father's Day for that same edition; all three were about following in your father's footsteps. The other two are here and here.

LO is at Youth Conference for church with the twins and our Youth Pastor. I talked with the YP yesterday and she reports LO is having a grand time. She had just seen LO in a canoe on the lake with the twins going around in circles, laughing her head off. She has tennis camp at the local college next week and art classes the week after.

The garden is doing well. We have enjoyed the veggies of our labor and more is to come. It appears to be a good thing we like cucumbers; there are a thousand blooms.

DH and I have a day ahead of us with no one else around, and no work to get go to. I can't remember when that has happened. Will we paint something? Will we fix something? Or will we hang out? Think I'll go find out. ...Til next time, bye.

No comments: