Monday, March 26

Good News, Bad News

The good news is I got home ok.
The bad news is I had 2 red dashboard lights steadily on, or blinking, alternately, the whole way.
The good news is I had a sweet supportive DH on the phone like a zillion times asking me, "How are you now?"
The bad news is the traffic stopped on 85 in four separate places, and the car would run really, really rough...while 2 red dashboards were steadily on, or blinking, alternately.
The good news is that I did *NOT* miss the exit from downtown Nearby City to I-77, as I usually do.
The bad news is I could not run my AC as it would make both those frikkin dashboard lights go crazy.
The good news is the building where I had to meet with a consultant today, is also the building where the police dept is, so when my car would not crank, would not even click, I was able to go back inside and ask a nice man in blue if he could possibly help me, instead of calling AAA and waiting 45 minutes for a wrecker to come jump the car and put me into the worst traffic window of the day.

DH has gone to nearby smaller city to get a part from our old Mercedes guy.

If it's not fixed tonight, I have to drive DH to work tomorrow morning at 4:15 so I can take his car.

I sang the following song all the way home!

"Oh, God, you are my God,
And I will ever praise you.
Oh, God, you are my God,
And I will ever praise you.
I will seek you in the morning,
And I will learn to walk in your ways...
And step by step you'll lead me,
And I will love you for all of my days.

And I will love you for all of my days,
And I will love you for all of my day-ay-ays,
And step by step you'll lead me,
And I will love you for all of my days."

The car was shuddering and blinking and I was rolling sweat, and we made it all the way home.

No comments: