Saturday, December 8

The Next Day

After my intensive care on the sofa last night, ice on 20 minutes, off 20 minutes, repeat, I am proud to say my ankle is muchmuch better this morning. I can walk without great pain. It is not nearly as colorful, nor as painful, as I had feared. The knees are painful without color and I really believe I will be fine in a day or two.

LO had fun at her dance last night. It seems the girls dance with their gf's and the boys dance around them.

Her progress report this week was excellent with one little oopsie which she will address. Her reading grade was not an A. She has to have 35 pts a quarter for reading, and she selected a whopper of a book worth 30 pts. She is still reading it and so had zero reading pts averaged in with the rest of her grades, which were pretty good. Altogether it came out to a C, but it was mid-term progress report, not report card. We just aknowledged that's what progress reports are for -- to let you know where you need to catch up. I gave her a kiss for all her other grades, which were not only A's but high A's, all above 95%, and a smack on the fanny at the same time. A soft smack.

She has been reading like a madwoman since.

DH's violin is truly coming along. He sounds like a cat in heat only sometimes and his instructor is so proud of him.

My Artists' Way group is turning to be so great. We all started canvases (2 s's there or 1?) canvasses? --I believe it's one -- canvases about 5 weeks ago and then we drew names out of a hat and traded canvases. My canvas will visit the homes of each person in the group, who adds to the painting, and finally I get it back, a completed work of art with contributions from each member in the group. As each person paints on it, s/he signs the wooden stretcher on the back. It has been a lot of fun each week to get a new painting and decide what I want to add to it. We finish up next week and will start anew with the new year. I have learned a lot in the discussions and have enjoyed making new friends. I believe I will continue with the group in the new year.

No comments: