Friday, December 7

Time Travel

Two of my sweet grandsons are interested lately in time travel, and it occurs to me how STILL time seems to stand, while you are, say, falling down the basement steps.

Things go through your mind, astute things, things like, "Hey, I -- am -- falling."

Things like, "I can't get hurt; I need to go see my MIL next week."

Things like, "Don't spill laundry all over the basement."

I felt that I would never land. I wound up on my back in the workshop withOUT a pair of drawers on my head, still holding the laundry basket. Did not spill a thing.

But I did scream. Yelled. Cried. LO came down the stairs and was sososo helpful. Called her Papaw. He talked to me on the phone and had me take inventory. I am fine, 2 sore knees and a sprained ankle.

Glad it's not worse. No blood, not a scratch, just very sore and mad that I fell. DH said he has been waiting for this to happen. Well. Now it has happened. Maybe it's over.

We had a date planned as LO had a school dance tonight. Instead, he served me wine, warm brie, sourdough bread, grapes and fresh blackberries as big as your thumb.

Hmm. Not such a bad fall, after all.

No comments: