Monday, May 31

The Vacuum

It's an intimidating feeling when one sits down to write something, and nothing, nothing comes to mind.

I committed to writing more on my blog, and doggone it, I intend to follow through.

But nothing comes to mind.

I could write about having seen in the newspaper yesterday that I am supposed to speak at a Memorial Day event today, but had not been notified. I called our efficient and able City Clerk and she, too, had not heard anything about it. She dutifully went in to the office, on a Sunday, on a holiday weekend, and emailed me a proclamation to read today. Day saved. Thank you, MH.

I don't know who failed to contact us, but if I were not to show up for the event, the audience would think it was I who had dropped the ball. We can't have that.

I could write that we're having friends over tonight for a cookout. Just a married couple, laid back, easy.

I could write that LO wants so badly to work this summer. She has looked into the few contacts she has, but has been told over and over that they are trying to hire adults this year, as they really need work.

I wrote the exec direc of our children's theater, meaning well, and offered her services as an intern to the summer drama camps for children. She could use the experience next year on her resume.

Now she's ticked off that I have potentially gotten her a non-paying job and she won't be able to secure a paid one. I should have asked her first.

But all these things are so mundane, you wouldn't want to read them. I'll try to do better next entry.

No comments: