Friday, June 11

Duality

I receive a daily email from Writer's Almanac, a digest of sorts of writers who were perhaps born on this day, or wrote something noteworthy on this day. The email features a poem to start, then explores writers and gives a brief but witty history of their accomplishments.

Sunday's poem was especially poignant for me, so much so that I forwarded it to my MIL. She hasn't slept well in months and I thought she would identify. She must have. She replied, "I loved the story too. But too bad, I do most of the guard duty. Love, Mom."

I think about duality a lot, as I clean house or go about my day. "I think about DH in this way. What if he thinks about me in that way?"

Or inversion: I see LO in this way, and she sees me in exactly the opposite way.

And then I wonder, "Do other people think in this way? Do other people wonder about the wondering, itself?"

Clearly. I have too much time for thinking.

No comments: