Wednesday, January 9

Two Jobs

Read with the second graders this morning. The little girl who announced to me that she, too, is a writer, (see earlier post about Hope) read a book about spiders. The following conversation ensued.

She: You like Charlotte's Web?
Me: Well! It happens to be my favorite book!
She: I ain't never read the book. I seen the movie. It's my favorite, too. (thinking) You like pink?
Me: Sure I like pink.
She: Ain't it amazing how much we have in common? I like Charlotte's Web, you like Charlotte's Web. I like pink, you like pink.
Me: I'm a writer, you're a writer. We both wear glasses.
She: (brightening) You like liver mush?
Me: Sorry, I've never tried liver mush. I'm a vegetarian -- I don't eat meat.
She: How can you be a veterarian? I thought you was a writer. You two things?

No comments: