Saturday, May 2

Letter from China


OK, so I mentioned a few days ago that I was ISO new hankies as I have donated many of mine to friends who cried about this or that.


When a friend starts to cry, I just love whipping out a beautiful hanky to give them. Oftentimes it makes them smile.


Most of the hankies on eBay average out to about a buck per hanky. Not bad. 25 hankies, $27. 32 hankies, $35.


I found an entry for not-vintage hankies, but new, vintage-looking, a lot of 100. The price at the time was at about $10. The designs were the sort I like, in fact, several in the pic match hankies I have on hand. This is the actual picture of them.

So I made a bid of $22 max. For 100 hankies.

I won. Turns out, shipping is more than I paid for the collection: $15.50 for the item, $20 for shipping. It's coming from China. Still, $35 for this little hobby of mine, and I haven't bought any in years.


Last night, DH read me the endearing email I got from the vendor. Here it is:


Thanks for buying my items, I am Cathy from China, I have already sent the package for you, the tracking number is xxx, I also put one more lovely hanky in your package as the gift, hope you really like them.

I shipped your items via the Chinese Post office and the US POSTAL SERVICE, I am living in Xi'an,the central part in China, your package will leaving China from Shanghai,that will takes about 3 days, so 2 or 3 days later, when your package leaving China, there will have an information about your package on the US POSTAL SERVICE website, then you may tracking your item from http://www.usps.com/.

Since this is the international mail, from China to USA is a long journey, the distance almost cover the half globe, so it will takes longer time than ship things in the US, usually shipping takes about two weeks, sometimes need longer time, but I hope you will get it soon.

When you get the package, please let me know,thank you! Sincerely, Cathy


No comments: