Tuesday, June 2

...forgive me...

It has been forever since I posted.

In 2008, one of my resolutions was to post more frequently and more consistently. I believe I accomplished it, and stuck with it all year long.

Boy, when 2008 was over, I dropped it like a hot poker. My erratic posting has been unintentional, I assure you. (Whoever you are, dear reader.)

I will share that I am working on a mammoth project, which I cannot disclose until July 8. It has eaten up all my spare time and some of my not-so-spare time, taking up time when I really should be doing fun stuff like vacuuming, cleaning up a hideously messy room, finding the floor of my closet, and other thrills.

I commit now to posting more frequently, and more consistently, although perhaps not with the volume of 2008, certainly with more than of late. That could be a poem, if I worked on it.

To give you a quick catch up:

LO is doing well. Her principal allowed 8th-graders to wear casual clothing, rather than uniforms, for the last 2 months of school, to get ready for high school. I hear our superintendent smacked his hands over that one. But the eighth graders did not. She acclimated to no uniforms immediately.
In temperament, she is definitely 13-almost-14. In intellect, she is sometimes 21 and sometimes, well, to be kind, I'll just say, significantly younger than 13. In appearance, she is definitely 17.
Some recent changes. She cannot go swimming at the neighborhood pool. It messes up her hair. She cannot go running or exercise in any way, other than to practice her dancing and/or cheerleading.
She has worked hard on tumbling for cheerleading, and achieved her roundoff/back handspring/back tuck. She already had the first two and has now added the third. She does them all in one long maneuver.
She auditioned for high school cheerleading and made the JV team. But the high school does not yet have a JV coach, so all is on hold.
She can text 100 words a minute, without looking, all with thumbs.
Her choral concert was lovely. Band concert is tonight. The spring concert is always outside, and we love it.
She now borrows all my cosmetic supplies, except perhaps my "age-defying" skin products. She has her own skin care products. And her own makeup, which she applies quite well.

DH worked at a neighboring plant for three months. The travel got old for him, but I loved the hours. He worked days only, weekdays only. I could definitely get used to that. He is off this week and seems to be resting up nicely. He isn't making as much music as he used to, but no one can be the same, every day, forever.

I am still helping at the local paper. I look forward to the end of school next week. Daily trips take about an hour overall, sometimes more. Band boosters, PTA board, and school improvement team will be over, giving me more time. I actively sought serving on the neighborhood pool board in order to save the $325 membership fee. Only to find out she doesn't really want to swim. Sigh. Maybe she will change her mind when the long summer days set in.
I am attending a class in 2 weeks on getting national magazines to buy my articles. I hope to participate in a writing residency in July.

Pets are well, and as quirky as ever.

My car is in the shop having the AC fixed. I did shudder to spend $1,400 on a car with 310,000 miles on it, but they say it will go 500,000 miles. If that is true, I would rather be cool for the next 200,000.

No comments: