Sunday, April 8

#43 It Never Happens

I've always compared life to a pie. We spend our days trying to care for every slice, but it just can't be done. Some days these slices are well-cared for, other days they languish and other slices are tended to.

In my life the slices are named, "Family," "Self," "House," "Husband," -- (he gets his own category) -- "Work," "Yard," and so on. Your slices may be totally different than mine. Or they may be similar.

In 22 years in this house, I do not believe I have ever had every slice of my life cared for at the rate I'd like.

The house, for example. I may have the living room clean but there's still no rug in there and the Christmas Closet upstairs is a nightmare. I had to dig through 3 holidays to find the Easter decorations a couple of weeks ago. Now they are sitting in a chair because I just can't bear the thought of going back in there.

We have a weird room upstairs that was originally the foyer for the apartment. Now that there's no apartment, I don't know what to call it. It's adjacent to my office, and is long and narrow like my office. We plan to utilize it as extra office space, all neat and tidy so if someone comes in the exterior door upstairs, it's a nice presentation.

But lately it has become Castaway City. Bits of items for yard sales and things that we just don't know where to put, wind up there. It's the last place guests would ever see and it's become quite the parking space.

I've spent the last few days cleaning it out! Hurrah! I emptied an old file cabinet for dear hubby's warehouse project and culled 1,000 books.

It's not done but I'm making progress. Pictures soon.

No comments: