Thursday, April 12

#46 I ❤️ Starbucks

Our little town has a couple of locally owned coffee shops and they are super if you want to be part of the community. The owners of both coffee shops are hardworking people, and I want them to succeed.

But on Tuesdays after I drop my little man at preschool, I take my laptop to Starbucks and get some work done.

I could work at home, and often do. But it's refreshing to work at Starbucks where no part of my mind is thinking I should run downstairs and throw that load in the dryer. Where my little dog can't stare me down for a walk in the spring weather. Where the adjacent room isn't awaiting more work to integrate with my office.

Our local coffee shops are packed to the rim with all sorts of people -- most of whom I know -- and it's a warm and comforting feeling to get "Hey" and "How ya doing?" from them all.

At Starbucks I don't know a soul. Most everyone is, like me, drilling away on his laptop, many with earbuds or headsets on, a classic, "Don't interrupt me," signal.



I can be more productive, less distracted, and more introverted at Starbucks, so you can find me there every Tuesday between preschool drop-off and pick-up.

Just don't say Hey.

#LoveMyLife

No comments: