Tuesday, January 4

Glenda Speaks

Well, I was jogging this morning and thinking about the prospect of calling this naturopathic doctor in another town (this town doesn't have any, heck, being a vegetarian around here is such an anomoly.)
Anyway, I was thinking about if I should call him. I mean, we are trying to cut costs and I'm spending over $100 a month on high blood pressure medicine and cholesterol medicine. (Go figure, Veggie on Cholesterol meds...) If I could line up with someone who could help me out herbally, something like, cut out dairy and eat broccoli twice a day, something, anything, to get OFF medicine. I mean, this stuff could be toxic. It's not made from plant matter, is it?
I was debating in my head whether to call him, will it be worth it, is it throwing good money after bad, etc, isn't this what everyone does while jogging? Has internal debates?
So this little voice spoke in my head. It was Glenda. Remember? Giant puffy dress, crystal crown, quivery quasi-British accent? "You had the power all along," she said. "Click your heels. . ."
So, I guess before I go pay someone, I will explore what I can find out on my own, first. Heck, I've got the whole Internet at my disposal. And a library besides. If I can get my own BP down, and cholesterol, I'll be sooo glad to toss those pills down the john.
I found some good quotes last night, hold on, I'm going to go get them. They seemed worth putting in here.
Ok. Back. Here's one:
"What we must decide is perhaps how we are valuable rather than how valuable we are." -- Edgar Z. Friedenberg
"Miracles sometimes happen, but more often they're made of faith and will and hope and imagination, to say nothing of sweat." -- Tom Waldman

"Make 'I can' an integral part of your vocabulary. Whenever your're tempted to say, 'I can't,' stop, take a deep breath, and imagine what would happen if you gave it your ALL." -- Oprah Winfrey

No comments: