Wednesday, January 5

Living up to Promises

I just realized last night what a huge commitment I made, in my first blog entry, saying, "I have really creative thoughts every day and think, 'that ought to go in a journal,' -- ." Man, did I set myself up for failure, or what?
So today I am uniquely uninspired to be witty; I am just feeling so, so grateful for my life. Little one has returned to school and hubby has (finally) returned to work. I have the house to myself and I can clean/organize/walk the dog/have quiet time/write in blog without interruption, without having to be sure if anyone else needs anything, without having to give notice and/or explanation of why I need to do it! Rushing to say that no one much minds what I do when they are home, it's just the general physics of 3 bodies in one house, you have to cooperate with each other, and after two 'quality' weeks of together time, I must have been really ready NOT to cooperate with anyone, because I'm all alone and LOVING it.
I'm thankful for this crazy house, for our neurotic cats, and our overly affectionate dog. I'm thankful that it's 75 degrees outside in the middle of January. I'm thankful for all the cool things that are going on in our historic (that's NOT hysterical) neighborhood, and for all the cool people who work on our Board. I'm thankful that I don't have to work anymore. As a rule, there are always people who just don't get along and I'm sooo glad to be away from all the 'she said this,' and 'she did that' that women seem to get bound up in. Life is too short for all that crap.
<>
Thankful for very sweet and somewhat nutty hubby, glad he is nutty; I'd hate to be the only one. Thankful for Little One. Without her, our lives would be so different, so empty. Heck, we miss her when she spends the night out with a girlfriend.
Well, I guess today was Sappy Day. As I said, wasn't in the mood for Witty. I'll try to be extra-acerbic tomorrow.

No comments: