Monday, January 3

Happy Birthday to Me

I was lying in bed this morning right before thinking what a comedy my life is. Hubby came home from work at 5:30 am, about 2 hours after I had gone to bed. He turns on the lights, sings Happy Birthday to you, also sings my favorite birthday song, more about that in a minute. Gives me my gift. It's a -- wait, are you sitting down? It's incredible. It's overwhelmingly incredible. Gives me . . . . an umbrella. A very cool umbrella, but, yes, an umbrella. Really small. You push a button, and there's this great WHOOSH! and the umbrella is up. Push the button again and it closes up to a mere 6". He's all happy and says, " Lifetime guarantee!!"
What a bizarre, yet EXTREMELY typical, episode in my life. Typical for me, anyway.

Oh, my favorite birthday song. Here it is:
"Thiiiiiis, iiiiiiiis, your happy birthday song,
It isn't very long."


No comments: