Tuesday, September 6

Random Situations

Really, how many people get a greeting card from the grandfather of the guy you bought a stove from? Not too many, I'd hazard a guess. We have the most extraordinary experiences. Like the UPS guy in the elevator at Carnegie Hall, who asked us if we were talking to each other telepathically?? (We were. He shocked us as much, by knowing about it, as we shocked him, by being able to do it!) ...But that's another story.

So, today we got a greeting card from Salvador Molinar. The man whose wife is the namesake of our stove, or the other way 'round, I never can get that one straight.
Houston, Texas
August 31, 2005
Dear Jody & Maggie,
I hope all is well when you receive this card. Am just fine myself, thanks be to God.
My children and I want to thank you very much for buying our faithful old stove. We were satisfied with it. My dear wife, Rachel, bought it from our insurance agent.
One of my nieces wanted it but Gabriel, my grandson, chose to bring it to Houston. Again, thank you and may your stove give you good service.
Sincerely,
Salvador Molinar
ps. Rachel was born on May 1, 1924 and passed away on May 7, 1987. May she rest in peace. Amen.

Clearly, we will save this card.

No comments: