Sunday, September 25

Unbelievable

On Wednesday, I asked DH if maybe 6 weeks out of work were not long enough. His injured finger was sooo swollen; he was having new and unusual pain; his flexibility was not coming along at all.

On Friday, his stitches were out; his flexibility was drastically increased; he played guitar; and resumed driving.

Six weeks seems to be plenty now. What a difference a day or two can make!!

Today, we drove to Capital City to see DS2, who just returned from Iraq. Words cannot express what it's like to see your son after worrying over his being in war.

DH drove all the way. Visited, played with a house-full of grandbabies. Chatted with Nana-in-law and PopPop-in-law. Cheered on kids with pinata. Hung in there for four hours. When he said he was getting a little tired, I quickly packed up our stuff to go.

I tried to drive home -- drove 1 hour, 15 minutes. Whenever I drive into the sun, I get so hugely sleepy. I don't understand it, but I have learned by now that it always happens. Pulled into a gas station to walk around, visit RR. Came out, DH is at the wheel. (He hates my driving.)

So he drove the rest of the way home. I tried not to snore.

BTW, our church has begun a new service. At first we did not think it would be our preference, but now, I like it best of all. We try not to go to any one service all the time, new service sometimes, noontime sometimes, early morning traditional service sometimes. Today we went to new service so we could get on the road. Awesome service. DH is ready to return to music practice on Thursday night.

We might not see a lot of burning bushes around, or wives turning to salt, or giants to slay with slingshots, but miracles still happen. They really do.

No comments: