Friday, November 7

Normalcy

DH and I took a half hour today together to go to the market together. I had a specific list, and typically zoom only to those aisles containing items on my list.

DH as always had another perspective. "I like to go up each aisle and see what they have." So we browsed the store and just enjoyed each other. President-elect Obama had just spoken and we were all comfy in our new-found happiness. So, we perused this and that.

Arriving at the checkout line with a buggy full of goodies, the young fellow asked us if we had a big Friday night planned. I pointed out our Redbox DVDs, popcorn, and taco shells. "Well, we have an extra 13-year-old tonight. We are making tacos, playing Clue, and watching movies."

At first he smirked at what a silly evening we had in store. Then he sobered up, and said, "Actually, a good game of Clue sounds like fun. I haven't played in forever."

While we were making tacos, another 13-year-old came over, so now we have 2 guests. We ate, played Clue and are preparing for movies.

It's been a great night. Normalcy. Highly underrated.

No comments: