Thursday, November 27

Thankful

I am thankful for laughter.Laughter has helped me to survive the tough times. It has stopped arguments. It has endeared me to friends and family. It is unanticipated.It's a lovely surprise.

I am thankful for variety. The smoothness of polished wood, the roughness of bark. Cold stormy days and the warmth of our fire at home. The complex tangle of life and the order of nicely folded laundry.

I am thankful to be a creative person. 'Cleanliness is next to godliness'? Cleanliness is always temporary. For me, creativity is next to godliness, as He is the original creator. He made me creative because I am made in His image.

I'm thankful I have a need to create. It makes me feel alive.

I am thankful for the creativity of others. It gives me joy to see what others can conceive. Their creativity inspires me to create.

I am thankful for time alone.

I am thankful for time with others.

I am thankful for water. I love to see it, to feel it, to hear it, and to touch it.

I am thankful for trees. For shade. For the shushing of leaves. For the microclimate they provide. For the dappled light on the ground beneath.

I am thankful for our pets.

I am thankful for children, their hope, their purity.

I am thankful for older people and the wisdom they have to offer.

I'm thankful for books. I'm thankful my parents taught me to love them.

I am thankful for the chances we have to help others. I don't deserve to be blessed. It's a gift, and helping others allows me to show my thanks.

No comments: