Monday, February 2

Good to have a Pro in the Family

So LO and I got in the car after church. We had not driven 1/2 block when I asked her, "Do you hear that noise?" She did.
It was coming from the right rear side. It sounded like a coffee can full of marbles. "Oh, no," I thought. "My brakes are messed up. Big money."
As we proceeded the mile home, I asked her to call DH. "Tell him to come outside. We are picking him up."
DH was waiting in the front yard when we pulled up. "What's wrong?"
I asked him to sit in the back seat and drove on. He heard it and asked me to drive back home.
In the driveway, he got out and went around to the back of the car. Went under the car. I was inside praying for his good shirt. "Please don't get grease on it..."
He came from under the car and went around to the right side. Went under again. ]
Victorious, he emerged. In his hand was a branch. It had been dragging on the street, making the suspicious noise.
Boy, it's nice to have a professional around.

No comments: