Friday, December 1

#15 So Much Love

This has been a week I hope never to forget. Wednesday brought my last presentation to 3rd graders. I provided cake and we celebrated. Guess what! I made it through without a tear. The press was there.
Wednesday City staff threw me a going away party at a local restaurant. Each of the department heads made a little speech about me and gave me a gift. Each of my colleagues on Council made a little speech as well. At the very end the Mayor gave me .... A KEY YO THE CITY. I was shocked. And happy. And humbled.
Thursday our 3rd grade party was on the front page. Our son’s in-laws came to visit. We toured Beacon Hall and showed off our little town. In the evening we split up. Men went to Jody’s men’s group and we went to my progressive womems group. I was greeted by a GIANT basket filled with gifts for my trip next week.
It’s been a week of so much love and goodbye-ing, it’s been a little overwhelming for this Alabama girl.
On Tuesday I will step down. On Wednesday I head to Asheville, by myself, for a little vacay.
#LoveMyLife




No comments: