Monday, December 11

#21 Vacation, Day 4

My hopes of getting out in the morning were  a bit dashed when I awoke to another couple of inches of snow. The official count seems to be 11” of snow we’ve gotten in the past few days.
The morning sun grew bright, though, and the city does a phenomenal job of clearing the streets, so I was able to get out after all, just a little later than planned.

Asheville boasts a lovely toy store carrying all the basic things, not a lot of things that go beep. I was able to buy all I needed for the little ones in the family. The guy who started the store in 1987 was there, looking just the same. He mentioned in the spring he was pondering retirement and I’m thankful he stuck around for yet one more Christmas.

In the afternoon my friend invited me to a neighborhood art sale with the proceeds benefiting the local food bank. We walked to a woman’s home where I met all sorts of neighbors. Cider and wine were offered as well as a spread of food. Both of us bought some lovely things for a good cause.

Later we walked to a lovely local restaurant and shared dinner and wine. After so much solitude, today was a nice transition back into the real world.

I head home tomorrow and can’t wait to see my sweet husband, my dog and my Sleep Number bed.
It’s been a wonderful week of unplugging and reflecting. Enough time of navel gazing — I feel recharged and ready to go forward.
#LoveMyLife

No comments: