Tuesday, December 5

#17 Stepping Down

For the past month, I’ve been marking lots of “lasts” in my adventure on City Council. Last Housing meeting. Last closed session. Last Transit meeting. And so on.
Today marked my last “last.” I had my last elevator ride upstairs where I turned in my keys. Last morning Staff meeting.  Funny, it was grey and overcast and my car seemed to be the only one on the road. My world was reflecting my melancholy.
Then the sun peeked out for our last City Council meeting. It was a celebration of us as we stepped down and a celebration of our historic new Mayor, Mayor Pro Tem and Council.
We speechified and clapped and stood. I received lots of love, many thanks, and some great hugs. A commemorative Bell Tower and a proclamation.
Now I’m sitting in the dark rejoicing in all the love. Tomorrow I wake up a regular citizen again.

We swore in a really historic Council tonight, but I’ll post on that another day. For tonight I’m just basking.
#LoveMyLife

No comments: