Friday, December 29

#28 The Big Date





I had a big date with our Little Man today, and what a time we had.
His preschool is closed for Christmas break, and at two-and-a-half he is too little to understand. So I picked him up at our regular going-to-school time.
We dropped the dog at the groomer’s and headed to a popular breakfast restaurant. They offer a kid’s breakfast of 4 silver-dollar pancakes. He was in high heaven. After each and every bite, he leaned back against the booth, rolled his head side to side and said, “Mmm-mmm.” It just doesn’t get much better than that.
From breakfast we headed to the car wash, where he knows I allow him out of the car seat. He sits beside me on the armrest in the front seat and we watch the car get soaped, rinsed, waxed and blown. I guess it’s high drama when you’re two.
Back at the groomer the dog wasn’t ready so we strolled around the shop looking st the animals. He spotted a snake camouflaged on a branch and yelled, “Snake!” with such delight I could only wonder why. We watched hamsters and fish. He insisted the angelfish were sharks and made great chomping motions to be sure I understood.
We headed back to my house and played with cars and trucks. His dear cousin came by and they played pretty amicably until it was time for them both to head to their respective homes for nap time.
After such an adventurous morning, I took a nap myself.
#LoveMyLife

No comments: