Tuesday, March 13

#37 SNOW!

North Carolina always has one last snow a week or two before the first day of spring. Maybe after.

We had ours yesterday and it was a lollapalooza. It started as a rainy mix and slowly evolved into big, airy snowflakes, the size of half-dollars. (Do they even have half dollars anymore?) Hubby called them "goose feather snowflakes."

I was out running errands all morning and was surprised when I left the grocery to find a full-on snow. After getting home it was a great day to stay in and catch up on work for my pt job.

Growing up in Alabama, snow was pretty much a magical affair. I never saw snow on the ground without grass sticking out of it, until I moved to Virginia at age 27. When I was little, Mother would send us out to gather snow for snow cream. The only place we could gather clean snow was off the sliding board of our swing set.

North Carolina has real snow -- so that the ground is covered, and there are narrow, illogical piles balanced on railings and branches. I'm all grown up now but when it snows, the Alabama child in me comes out. I freeze and stare with my mouth open. It will always be magic.

#LoveMyLife

No comments: