Friday, March 9

#36 Thankful

Two years ago I bought a frother so I could make my own chai at home. I had learned I can't do dairy so I buy coconut creamer and whip it up just like a barista. The frother was an extravagance but I figure after two years we are making a profit now every time I don't go to a coffee shop. And -- who wouldn't want to start his day like this?

On another grateful note, I'd like to give a shout out to my husband. He is pretty unassuming and doesn't ever try to grab the spotlight.

I had ants in my office Wednesday -- in the most unlikely place -- under the pedestal of my iMac. It was a regular colony, hundreds of the things swarming and creeping to other corners of my office.

It was like a bad dream.

One scream and my sweet hubby calmly resolved the problem for me. Sprayed them and then patiently cleaned up all the little corpses.

In another incident, I was dashing out the door yesterday with a handful of recycling and my ring got caught in a metal loop inside the screen door. The loop that holds the spring onto the door. Well somehow that loop caught my ring and actually went up inside the setting from behind. All in a fraction of a second.

There I was, stuck on the front porch, unable to work it loose. I tried to take my ring off but the loop had enough of it cocked sideways, I was unable to get it off.

I was in a fix.

I yelled for hubby. He was eating a piece of chicken. "WHAT!" he yelled back, his mouth full. "Help!" I yelled.

No answer.

"JOSEPH HELP ME!"

He came running and sized up the situation. I was pretty panicky. He ran for pliers, straightened out the loop that was holding me hostage, and once I was free, bent it back into place.

That was a close one.

I had a couple of tries before finding this husband and can't explain what a luxury it is to have someone big and strong and calm who loves to solve my dilemmas. I am thankful.

#LoveMyLife

No comments: