Monday, November 13

#8 Family

Our SIL had his wisdom teeth removed today so T called and asked if we might keep her #1 son. I will call him GGS1. Would we!?

They arrived early  in the morning. He had had a banana, and said he did not want to "eat-eat." Hubby cooked bacon and eggs anyway, and we set a bowl in front of the boy. He ate! We felt that we should give the referees' "touchdown" signal.

We sat a while in Nana's chair and watched choo-choo videos on Youtube. As 9:30 rolled around I packed him up and we headed to the library. A local preschool was just entering for story time but GGS1 just wanted to play with choo-choos.

The library has a train table and rolling bins filled with tracks, trains, people and wooden blocks. They have fancy bridges. They have Y's and V's and all sorts of interchanges.

We had played for about 40 minutes when a mom entered with her daughter, another 2yo. The kids co-played, sometimes handing things to each other, sometimes holding fiercely onto others.

11:00 rolled around and I began to detach him to head home for nap time. He became angry and actually hit me! I picked him up, told him I love him, and it makes me sad when he hits.

He compliantly helped me pick up (a little) and we headed home for nap.

He returns in about an hour so T can work tonight. SIL is still too groggy to watch his kids. We are happy to accommodate.

No comments: