Tuesday, June 24

Further Observations

Hate to go on about going to court. I think many of my cohorts yesterday go frequently. For me it was quite an adventure. I had many thoughts come to mind. It's not often that I sit still for almost 4 hours without pen in hand, a book to read, or a computer. So I thought.
OBSERVATIONS
o Cleavage. I was one of the 3% of women present with no cleavage prominently displayed. Does the judge go for cleavage? Do they think the judge goes for cleavage? What is the deal?
o Sagging. Ditto the cleavage thing, replace with boxers.
o KMart. Is KMart the only place where people shoplift, or is it the only place that catches shoplifters? The hapless KMart security man witnessed for many cases, but no other retailers were even there.
o Tattoos, piercings, and bleach. I had the idea these things were expensive. How can you have these investments displayed prominently all over your person and ask for free defense? Please note I don't mind these things, I love tatts and if my life were different, I might even have one or two of my own. I even watch "Miami Ink."
o Cigarettes. I don't smoke but I have noticed the price of cigarettes. Heck, I gave up my weekly latte, folks: $3.96 a week. How on earth can you afford $4+ a day for cigarettes? Although I am not personally prejudiced against piercings and tatts, I am a little prejudiced against cigarettes. There's a nasty rumor that they're bad for you. In fact, I lost both my parents to them.
o Showing up. OK. You made an unfortunate mistake. You are called to court. You have a choice. Come get it over with, or hide out. The first time you don't show up they issue a warrant for your arrest and a fine of $150. The second time it seems to jump to $500. The third time I believe it's $1,500. Surely hiding out has its stresses, too. Please just go the first time, as un-fun as it is, and get it over with. Then learn from your mistake and go forward.
As for me, I'm driving like the granny that I am. :)

No comments: