Friday, June 6

Verizon

Our family uses Verizon for our cell provider. I have to say I love 'em.
DH & I got new phones a couple of weeks ago under their "New Every 2" program. The idea is that a cell phone is obsolete in 2 years, so they give you a free one if you promise to stay with them for 2 more years. If you bag out, they charge you for it on that last bill, along with the "you're breaking your contract" penalty.
Knowing that this was coming up, I started studying phones a couple of months in advance. Carefully considered all the angles. I was tired of a flip phone. Sometimes I try to flip it open to answer it, and it slams shut -- hanging up on the bewildered caller.
Loving my iPod, I figured it wouldn't hurt to have music and phone all in one. So I selected the Chocolate.
DH picked the Env2. I don't know why. We don't text. It opens up to reveal a tiny little keyboard, and I was certain that this would make the phone fat and heavy. (it's not.)
I will say here that I hate all the colors phones are offered in. White is not an option on any of their phones. The Chocolate choices were dark red, metallic turquoise, and black. I chose the turquoise. Hate it.
Hating the color, the features are secondary. Color is almost everything to me. I heard once that it's the first thing a woman considers in a new car, and I am not at all surprised.
DH, meanwhile, is loving his phone. Plays with it for fun. Enjoys using it.
Finally I confessed I was jealous. He seems so happy with his phone and I, I, I...
"What?" he prodded.
I don't like mine, I blurted out.
"Send it back!" he bellowed. "You're within your 30 days!"
There's a 30 day thing?
Ran for the phone. Called. Pressed this for this and that for that. Got Jennifer in Customer Service. May I help you?
Well, Jennifer, I got a Chocolate a few weeks ago and I am just not feeling the love.
Not feeling the love for your Chocolate? Hm. Let's see. You got it on May 15, so you are within your 30 days. Let's trade it. What do you want?
An Env2 just like my husband.
Oh! Even trade! Put it in the box and use the prepaid label we sent and take it to FedEx. Call us in 2 days to see if we have it yet, then call us back to order your new phone. Meanwhile, I'll re-activate your old phone so you can use it.
That's IT?
Yes ma'am. Is there anything else I can do for you today?

I love Verizon.

No comments: