Friday, June 6

So Where Have I Been?




Lots of polite questions / complaints about my not having blogged in a while. So where have I been?










Re-discovering journaling.










I ran across a book a couple of weeks ago, by Danny Gregory, named "Creative License: How to be the Artist you Already Were, Anyway." I may not have the subtitle 100% accurately, but that's the gist. It's actually what it should be, if it's not.










Great little book, filled with drawing and encouragement and how-to's and why-should-you's and you-can-do-it's. This led me to the book's cousin, "How to Make a Journal of Your Life," by Daniel Price. I actually had higher hopes for this book than for the first, but it pales in comparison. Danny Gregory is just so doggone enthusiastic, so inspiring. He really is into this stuff. The nice point for me is that he never picked up a pencil until he was 38 or so. Wanting to enhance his creativity, he set out to teach himself to draw, and did it.



I figure 38 is no more a magic age than 52. So I have been working on it.



He has some instructional videos, complete with some really unfortunate hair, on his website, http://www.dannygregory.com/. I also happened across another cool site, http://www.1000journals.com/.
















Blogger is so idiosyncratic. It just randomly rotated these pics.

Speaking of the Maggie bench, someone ripped my brass plaque off the granite bench. Some fan, I'm certain. If it were a common vandal, he would've tossed it into the underbrush. Tucker and I searched the underbrush. Not there. The only other conclusion is that someone with great taste has a Maggie shrine and needed the plaque to make it complete.
The Parks Dept is ordering a replacement plaque and promised they will bolt this one on. Any other fans out there will have to get your own plaques made for your shrines.

No comments: