Sunday, August 3

3 Little-Known Facts...

.. about moi.

  1. Once, in a fit of boredom (sunbathing in Gulf Shores, AL) (who sunbathes anymore?)I figured out the lyrics to "Joy to the World," backward. This is the 3 Dog Night song, not the Christmas carol. The words are in the correct order, but each word is backward. It begins like this: "haimereJ saw a gorfllub, saw a doog dneirf fo enim..." Oh, don't get me started. I'll be singing it, backward, all night long now.
  2. I can wiggle my pinkie toes independently. None of the other toes move. Have displayed this rare talent on one or two occasions, usually when alcohol was involved...
  3. I count everything. How many steps down to the basement. How many steps upstairs to the second floor. How many weeds I pull. How many swoops with the vacuum. How many forks I take out of the dw basket. It's maddening. At least it is a subtext in my brain. I am simultaneously thinking my bizarre random thoughts. If it were forefront, I think I would lose it. It is quite annoying even now.

No comments: