Sunday, August 10

Stranger, Blogger Friend

A friend of mine who regularly checks this page emailed me not too long ago to point me to her friend's blog. The friend and I have much in not-common.
I live in a southern state.
She lives up north where the cold winds blow.
She is a young adult.
I am, well, we all know what I am. Nana to nine.
She is a hip, pretty chick.
I still like tie-dye, even if I am clueful enough not to wear it anymore.

But we have a lot in common.
We wear the same glasses.
We have the same wry sense of humor. (or so it seems by reading her blog)
We are both into self-improvement.
We have both recently given up Diet Coke, spawn of the devil.
We are both nuts for our kitties.
We both blog.

The oddest thing, and the reason my friend LNE pointed me to her blog, is that we have similar writing styles. Very similar.

The first time I visited her blog, I got the weirdest sensation. It was familiar. It was like -- like reading my own writing.

LNE was so perceptive to pick up on it.

And even weirder, this girl, this stranger who blogs, recently broke the spinny thing on her blender and sent away for a replacement part.

Check out the pkg I received in my mail yesterday:







LO helped me make smoothies a few weeks ago and decided to shake the decanter to help the frozen parts go down to the blades. Shaking the decanter stripped the black piece you see above. I checked kitchenaid.com and they did not list the part for replacement, so I did not think it was available. But upon checking my not-yet-met friend's blog, I saw she had replaced the very same part, so I googled "kitchenaid blender replacement parts" and found a source for it. The part cost only $3.65 while the shipping was a tad over $4. This is a teeny bit irritating, to pay more for shipping than for the actual part, but to have my expensive blender back in full service for only $7 and change makes me happier.

For now the blogger-stranger-friend does not know I exist, but I am hoping a trip to the sunny south is in her future, to visit her friend LNE, and maybe we can meet.

No comments: