Friday, August 29

ZZ394A

LO and I were riding to school, listening to snippets of last night's Speech on NPR. I shared with her that he had said,
But the record's clear: John McCain has voted with George Bush 90 percent of the time. Sen. McCain likes to talk about judgment, but really, what does it say about your judgment when you think George Bush has been right more than 90 percent of the time? I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to take a 10 percent chance on change.
LO replied that she couldn't make a list of all the things W has done wrong. I replied, "Would you like it in chronological order, or alphabetical?"

"We'd run out of letters, Nana."

Seconds of silence.


"Well, I guess we could add on, as in A1, A2, and so on. Up to ZZ394A."

Another witty rejoinder.

LO's Science teacher sent home a mini-biography of herself along with her classroom rules and philosophy. It was really quite nice. Reading it, I remarked to LO that her science teacher has a Bachelor's in Zoology and a Master's in Public Health.

"So why isn't she working in a zoo?" she mused.

Pause.

Pause.

"Oh, I guess she is."

I had to smile.

No comments: