Monday, March 3

Insomnia Bites

I have recently (past 2-3 years) begun to experience insomnia if I partake of wine. Two to three years ago it occurred if I had more than 2 glasses of wine. The phenomenon has increased so that about 6 months ago, I began to experience it if I drank more than a glass. Now it often happens if I have any wine at all.

Being a good-natured girl, I have pretty much given up wine. But we had a fantastic dinner tonight and I shared a beer with my DH.

Here I am. 1:45 am and I have listened to 3 strikings-of-the-clock: 12:30, 1:00, 1:30. Finally I got tired of rolling about in the bed and just got up.

This dinner was great. We had some of everything left so I called a single neighbor to see if she would like a free dinner to take home. She was skiing in Colorado but her roommate answered so I asked her. She brought over her bf, an Italian fellow, whom she met in Hungary. They brought a tiny bit of cheese from his region in Italy as a ty gift. We will enjoy that another night! I had them eat the appetizer here so it would be just perfectly warm, and gave them a go-plate of dinner to take home.

I did not regret the absence of a dessert as we would NOT be able to eat another bite.

If you are not yet asleep from this terribly compelling narrative, I will share one more random thought before I finish my tea and try sleep one more time.

NPR had a delightful interview with Van Cliburn yesterday morning which I just have to share. You can read the interview but if you click on "listen here" you will hear the love in the man's voice for what he does. It really can't be replicated in print. It's just 17 minutes long and it will make your life a tiny bit richer.

No comments: