Wednesday, October 8

Sigh.

I am writing this posting at the risk of appearing to have overreacted. 

He really was assigned to go to Afghanistan.

It really has been cancelled, for now. 

Sigh of relief. 

I cannot begin to imagine how my DIL feels. 

She is tough. She rallies when the chips are down. My MIL, who never even met her, told me, "She'll be fine. She's tough. She's a good girl. I can tell a lot by reading her blog."

She was right. 

As to the cancellation, I have been mulling what to say here about it. I had an early morning meeting today, the annual orientation for a board on which I serve. I paid attention while the back of my brain cogitated on how to post this news. 

When I got home at 10, I saw we had an email from my MIL. She had already read the news on DS2's blog. So I quickly pulled it up. 

I realize I am a writer, but there is no earthly way I can post any better than he already has. You'll have to read it for yourself. 

Love you, son. 

No comments: