Saturday, April 4

Porcupines

It has been a totally insane week.





As I shared earlier, our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt is today and LO's Confirmation and luncheon are tomorrow.





No one had volunteered to organize the egg hunt this year and we were in danger of not having one, so like an idiot, I stepped up to the plate.





Yesterday I left home at 10:30 and got home at 4pm. I picked up dry cleaning, where all my clothes were. Went to Target for stuff for the luncheon. Did not have, but there was a great coffeepot on sale, and we have been needing one really badly. I promise this was my only impulse purchase of the day.





Went to Party City, Hobby Lobby, Kohl's, and finally, Sam's Club. I know. I have committed not to support that exploiter of humankind, but when you're in a pinch you -- you scrap your morals? Well. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.





On the way home I stopped by the rental shop and picked up the silver punch bowl.





At 4 I got home and began unloading the car. Came upstairs and began to straighten up.





Asked LO to unpack the boxes that arrived last week from Oriental Trading. I did not want to arrive at the park today at noon only to find the eggs were locked in some plastic thing I could not open.





The first box seemed to be in order: about 300 pre-filled plastic eggs, and 150 temporary tattoos.





We opened the second box expecting to find the remaining 400 eggs. What we found was,





THIS.







FIFTY BAGS of rubbery porcupines, 36 to a bag. 1,800 porcupines in all.

By this time it was about 5:30. I called customer service. There was no way they c ould get me 400 more eggs by noon today. "So what do I do with these porcupines?" I asked. "Can you use them?" Rodney asked. "Well, I guess I'll have to hide them!"

They are crediting my card with the money for the other 400 eggs.

What a life.

No comments: