Monday, September 29

Wow.

I can hardly focus to write this blog; I spent quite a bit of time yesterday filling my brain with all sorts of stimuli. I am living inside my brain, rather than the other way 'round, and I hop up to make a loaf of bread or throw another load of laundry into the dryer, and return to study some more. 

I have always been fascinated by the creative process, and at times have "gone under," filling the house with this or that excursion into creativity. This time I have not been drawing/designing/writing anything myself, but have been studying others who do. 

This bout started Saturday with the pic I shared below by Gustave Courbet. His other art is almost as breathtaking, although some not quite suitable for younger eyes. Google his name and you can see some of his work. He was quite prolific; I guess I have seen over a hundred of his pics. Although the subject matter seems quite timely, he lived in the 19th century and did most of his work in the 1840's. DH says the pic I pasted below looks a lot like Jack Sparrow. That's funny, I said. I thought it looked like Johnny Depp, myself. 

There are several folks around the world who post their own art, whose blogs I follow, and I have been catching up on them, as well, this weekend. 

And my old best friend (only he doesn't know it yet), danny gregory, has some amazing new work up on his blog, a visual autobiography of sorts. Check it out here: you will have to admit he is amazing. He didn't even start to draw until he was in his 30's or so, and he firmly believes we all have this sort of talent lurking around inside of us, if only we will believe and practice. I want to believe him

Danny is teaching a FREE class at the Open Center in NYC on 04.Nov. I want to goooooo. It would only cost me the price of an Amtrak ticket; I know someone who lives there who would give me a bed for a night. Or two. Also, I could kiss my grandbabies. Alas, if it weren't voting day. We have "early voting" here; only I do not know if the Presidential vote is available for early voting, as well. Maybe I should call the registrar's office and find out. .......




1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

ahh, come visit! We would love to have you! :)